Monday, October 13, 2008

Why Do I?

A lot of people have asked me why I home school. To be honest, most of the time I'm not really sure. The answer is pretty complicated with a lot of different facets. A few days ago, the weather outside was so nice. Since the boys are already ahead in their school work, we blew off the rest of our school work and went to the park. The boys had so much fun playing and it was wonderful to be together. They are growing up so fast and I want to be with them as much as possible. So I guess a part of the answer is, I homeschool for these small moments of happiness.

Nicholas and Matthew on the bridge.

Holden going down a spiral pole. Holden calls it wayside.

All my boys running down the road. 

5 comments:

mckellebmassmemo said...

I admire you for homeschooling your kids. That's something I could never do. I just don't have the patience for it. I know it's a lot of work and I'm sure you are fantastic at it!

Royce and Deanne Wooly said...

You go girl, I admire your patience and desire to homeschool, I think school is one of the hardest things for kids, I wish I would've had the knowledge, patience and kids who would've listened to their mom!! LOL, love ya, Deanne

Jensen/Sudweeks Family said...

Kudo's to you! No wonder you're so busy all the time! You boys are getting so big!

Dave and Janine Butters said...

what about all of the million moments of hell?

Sonja said...

I admire you for doing this too! I bet you are so good at it. What lucky boys they are to have a wonderful mother like you!