Friday, October 10, 2008

TAG

My Aunt Deanne tagged me. Apparently the way this works is that I write 6 of my quirks and then tag fellow bloggers to do it as well.
The first things that ran through my mind after seeing my name at the bottom of Aunt Deanne's entry were how do I do this and what exactly is a quirk.
So first, I looked at other people's blogs to see how they responded to the tag. Then, I looked up quirk and the definition given was a peculiarity of action, behavior, or personality. Then, I questioned my husband and a few friends on what they thought my quirks were. And then made my own list of quirks. After this I came to the following conclusion;

1. I over complicate things.

2. I am a commitment phob.
I realize that I am married and have been for 10 years. So, this may seem a contradiction, but it is true. I probably broke up with Joe at least a dozen times while we were dating. I don't have a favorite movie, color, song, book, or food. It seems too much to commit to one. My children do not have names until we are leaving the hospital. (They don't let you take them home unless you name them.) If a commitment can be avoided, I will avoid it.

3. I hate to make decisions.
I'm not talking about only major life decisions but any kind of decision. Life is full of decisions. In order to avoid making decisions, I attempt to set my life up in a way where all the decisions are pre-made. For example, I listen to all my CDs in order. I take one from the front, listen to it, and then put it in the back. That way I don't have to decide what to listen to. I cook from cookbooks front to back. That way I don't have to decide what is for dinner. It will always be what is next in the current cookbook. The list goes on and on, but I am too embarrassed to share anymore.

4. I don't like shoes.
I was not blessed with model's feet. I should be constantly covering them. But I can't. This may be one of the reasons I don't like winter. So when spring finally arrives, my toes wiggle with delight. I wear sandals as much as possible even when others have begun to wear boots. And when I finally have to start wearing shoes again, I swear I can hear my feet crying out it despair.

5. When it comes to my kids, I am a bragger.
You would be to if you had my kids. (ha ha) I know I go on and on about them. I know I over do the praise and affirmation. (Nicholas response to any positive comment now is, "I know, you tell me everyday.") I really believe that the world will knock them down and it is my job as a mom to build them up.

6. I love Joe.
I mean I am head over heels for the guy. I can't wait till he gets home and I get excited when he walks in the door. If you think this isn't a quirk (which by definition is a peculiarity of personality) you don't know Joe.

There they are. My six quirks that I am least embarrassed by sharing.

I tag my sisters Sarah, Annie, and Rachel. (If they hate being tagged, they have to love me anyway.)

3 comments:

Royce and Deanne Wooly said...

Way to go Noel, I loved reading your quirks, those are the things that make you so unique and so wonderful and so you! Love ya, Deanne

Sarah said...

Oh, so this is why you wanted me to look at your blog. When I say Aunt Deannas I meant to tell you not to tag me and then there it was. Thanks. And by the way I do love you!

Sonja said...

Loved reading these! You're so great!