Friday, November 19, 2010

The wise decision

A few months back, Joe and I had to decide whether or not to keep our leased Toyota Camry. After some thought and a realistic look at our budget, we decided not to keep it. We turned it in and got a small Geo Prism that doesn't have a payment. It was the wisest thing we've done in a long time. Not only do we not have a car payment, but our car insurance went way down as well. I really should be so proud of us and happy with this decision.

I've always seen myself as someone not really concerned about what others think. That's why I've been surprised at how people's reaction has effected me. We've heard everything from, "So, this is what you drive now?" or "Is this your car?" I really liked having a nice car.
And in the automotive world this is a step down. The Camry drove so smooth and quiet. There was a lot more room in the back seat for the boys. And it was just so pretty. (Do I sound like a commercial?)

The more time goes by and I am removed from my beloved Camry, I become more and more content with the wisdom that we have shown. But, if your in the market for a new car, check out the Camrys.

1 comment:

Ackerman/Mejias Family said...

Congrats! I always feel good about wise decisions; I don't make very many of them, BUT when I do, it just feels good.
We drive a Kia and it hasn't been the best car, but we don't have a car payment and I must say, we will have that car until we have to drive it like Fred Flintstone before we consider a car payment...