Sunday, November 7, 2010

Closet Introvert


Recently I've had a few experiences that have led me to decide that I need to make a public declaration. Are you ready?

I am painfully shy and insecure.

Perhaps you don't believe me. You feel that you have seen me be outgoing and perhaps even gregarious. The truth is I feel that I have to be that way. I much rather sit in a corner and hope no one notices me. For some reason I feel it is my duty to make others comfortable. (I never said I didn't have a warped sense of reality.) So I force myself to talk to others.

Perhaps you have felt that I have shunned you. Nope. I am not a shunner. The only thing that you experienced was my own insecurities being made manifest. Sometimes my own insecurities become so overwhelming I can not force myself to reach out and I just retreat into my comfortable spaces.

So I apologize for any offense that may have been felt. It was not intentional. Most likely I love you and would cry if I knew I had hurt your feelings.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I would have NEVER guessed your were a "closet introvert"! I am a closet introvert too. I can totally relate to this post on so many levels. =) Thanks for sharing.