Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Four is great


Now that he is four, Matthew is all grown up. Just ask him. Apparently, not only can four year olds play soccer (which he has been waiting for) they can also carry heavy objects by themselves. They also don't have to hold your hand when crossing the street. Or sit in a car seat. As a parent you are pretty much useless once your child hits four.

The day after his fourth birthday we pulled out the scriptures to read. Generally, when it is Matthew's turn to read I point to the words say them and then he repeats them. But on this day, when I started to read, he put up his hand and said, "I don't need help."

And then he sat there and stared at the words for a while. Finally he looked up at me and said, "Well, maybe a little help."

Good to know I still have some value, even if he is four.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh, that is so cute!!!