Friday, September 19, 2008

Matthew


I loose everything.  Car keys, wallets, purses, everything.  It annoys Joe so much, I'm surprised he is still around.  For this reason, I have avoided ever having my babies become attached to anything.  No blankies, or special stuff animals, or binkies. NADA.  I've seen visions of myself searching high and low at 3 o'clock in the morning while my baby cries for some silly stuffed thing.  Recently I've wondered if, in my quest to remain sane, I've stolen a precious childhood memory from my kids, especially Matthew.  After a bath he loves to be wrapped up in a towel.  I'm sure that is common for many kids, but he takes it a bit further.  You have to dress him around the towel.  The towel stays on all night and if he has his way he goes to bed wrapped up in the towel.  And when he isn't feeling well he walks around the house saying "towel, towel," until you wrap him up in one.  Luckily for me, it can be any towel.  I can usually find one towel.

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Oh Noel, you crack me up...I've always thought of you as a "together, organized person"...what's up with you losing everything? :) Matthew is a doll-face, growing up fast...Nicholas and Holden too. Its starting to seem like we've been gone for a long time! I'm so glad you are now attached to BUNCO...I would have loved to come to yours :( It looks like you can throw a mean party! Who's the lucky host for next month? Is Kim still playing with you guys?

Brandi said...

Oh, do ya mind if I had you to my link list?

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only mother that has those types of musings... Matthew is a doll and he is more than fine. You meet his needs - look at him - peaceful and contented. Noel, YOU are a WONDERFUL mother!!! If only my daughters were so lucky ;) I just keep thinking (this is just my personal belief) they chose me or allowed God to choose me as their mother - I can't wait to find out why and I sure hope that I met those expectations... Sometimes I wish I could "peek" so that I would have some idea now. I often wonder, "Am I even on the right track?" (it's only "a matter of a few degrees" between pain and happiness ya know? (That's from President Uchtdorf's talk in April 08 conference, the priesthood session, but is just as applicable to us sisters). Anyway, enough of my ramblings, thank you for letting me share in your life. I love you, Noel.

Sonja said...

I laughed when I read this Noel! And I love that he likes a towel so much! That's really cute. Ty hates towels, but does have a favorite blanket.

orsk said...

have you ever considered beating your children into submission?should do the trick