Saturday, September 13, 2008

Boston

On Friday we went to Boston.


  We drove in and had lunch at Quincy Market.  Outside the building we were able to see some street performers.   The kids loved it and laughed and laughed.  

It started to rain a little as we headed back to our cars.  But that made it even cooler to walk around the city.  I think every major city has a feeling.  Seattle feels laid back, New York City feels exciting, and Boston feels like old money.  I love to walk around big cities and soak up their air. Not everyone shares my love and we took the subway back to the cars.  

The Calls and Eli stayed in Boston to watch a Red Sox Games.  The Sox won 7-0.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now, now, let me set the record straight - I can appreciate a rainstorm - enjoy the feel of the drops on my face and the smell unique only to rain but...
it didn't just drizzle,
it didn't just sprinkle,
it didn't just rain,
it was a DOWNPOUR!!!
Besides the kids wanted to experience the subway. That was a fun part of the experience too. The crowded train - bodies smashed against eachother - many anticipating a Sox game - dressed in their red and blue clothes littered with the Sox emblem, on their heads, shoulders, back and wherever else. There's proof that many in humanity can join in the same purpose. If only their passion could be turned to God and his will - now that must be a sight to see. That reminds me, on the flight out, there were 16 missionaries on our plane headed to Miami Beach, Florida. Modern day stripling warriors headed to battle... I prayed for them as they averted their eyes from the airplane movie to their scriptures and some closed their eyes to catch lost sleep. I've been to Miami Beach and lets just say, the airplane was a haven compared to where they were headed. Anyway, I was inspired by their willingness to serve God and share the Gospel for two years - WOW what an example they are to me.