Thursday, January 15, 2009

Due to technical difficulties and the world conspiring against me

Every year for Christmas I make a calendar for my family and one for the Metzger family. I've done it for so long that everyone just expects them now. I love to do them and I like that everyone waits for them.
This year I didn't get them done in time. My first obstacle was my procrastination. I always start way too late.
First I have to find a picture of everyone. (That sounds a lot easier than it is.) It's always hard to find a picture of Forest. This year I even resorted to taking pictures off of Facebook. Next, I have to scrapbook the pages and scan them into the computer. I only had to stay up until 2:00 a couple of nights to get to this point. Then I went to print and discovered that not only am I a technological cave woman but that the world doesn't want to reward my procrastination.
I couldn't get them to print off our new Mac. So I emailed them to myself and loaded them onto the PC. When they finally started to print, I noticed that the marker Matthew crammed up the printer had done something to the alignment and it wasn't printing right. In my desperation to finish the calendars in time I took all my birthday money and went and bought a new printer. I came home, hooked it up, attempted to print, failed, and gave up.
I did finish. They were just late.
Here are a few pages from this years calendars. These are Nicholas's picks.
Metzger Calendar

Woolstenhulme Calendar

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

This makes me laugh because it totally sounds like me with our "new mac." I am so used to our pc and our printer is having alignment problems right now too. Everything always takes way longer than planned!!!! Turned out cute though.