Friday, August 29, 2008

Bronx Zoo

On Wednesday we drove to the Bronx to go to the zoo there.  We thought we were so clever because we went on donation day.  (You can pay what ever you want to get in.)  The only problem was that everyone in the tri state area and beyond also had that same clever idea.  It was packed.  It was a beautiful day and the people watching was excellent.  The Moores, Ackermans, and McKellebs went with us and that was fun.  The Fordham entrance of the zoo was amazing.  I think I would have liked to sit there all day.  We stayed until they kicked us out and then the kids ran around in the parking lot for a while while we waited for traffic to die down.    That was my boys favorite part of course.  I'm so glad I could drive into New York City so they could enjoy a romp in a parking lot with kids who live in our city.  But, then again I'll take any excuse I can find to be in New York City!

2 comments:

Katie, Adam, Izzy & Emmy said...

I would have loved to be in nyc with you too noel.

mckellebmassmemo said...

I had to laugh because your right, the kids had more fun just playing together than actually seeing the animals. It's funny to hear it put that way. I had fun too!