Monday, August 15, 2011

New York City

We headed to New York City the day after Holden's baptism. Poor Joe had to stay home and work. Stinks for him, but someone has to pay for all my fun.
We all stayed at Embassy Suites right across the Lincoln Tunnel in New Jersey. The boys and I stayed in Grandma and Grandpa's room. The cousins and Uncle Nathan and Aunt Liesa were right next door.
On Monday we took the bus into Manhattan. The bus stop was right across the street from the hotel.
These are all pictures of the tour bus trip we took of the city. I had never done it before and it was great.

The guy in the corner of the picture with the microphone was our tour guy. He was very informative and tried to be funny. I can't remember his name...
The Brooklyn Bridge
This is a famous jazz club where nearly all the great jazz artists have played. Someday I'm going to visit here, I put it on my bucket list.
These are all drawings done by elementary school kids after September 11th. They are going to put them on tiles and make a memorial out of them.
Apparently, Matthew is upset about me taking his picture.
The bus was really neat, but you can only sit on top. There are no seats inside the bus. This is only a problem when there is a huge rain storm that you are caught on while driving through the city. I don't have any pictures, but it was CRAZY.

I am not good at taking pictures anymore. Joe usually has his camera and takes more pictures than anyone could possibly want, so when he is not around we don't get as much documented.

After the bus ride we hung out in Times Square a little.

Austin was ready to go home.
Here is a close up in case you missed that super cute face!


In spite of the moments of rain, it was a fun day. A special thanks to Grandpa, Grandma, Uncle Nathan, Aunt Liesa, Jacob, Brandon, Tyler, and Austin for going to New York City with us. We LOVE New York.

No comments: