Saturday, August 6, 2011

Driving Home

Joe likes to drive. At least that is the excuse for never letting me drive. And I mean never. Matthew even asked him once if Daddies could sit in the front passenger seat. I, however, am not bothered by this at all. And this is the reason. When leaving Virginia at 6 pm and driving all night to get home, Joe drives and I sleep. I guess that is the price Joe has to pay for never letting me behind the wheel.

Here is a really cool tunnel we drove through on the way home. Of course there was a toll. In total we paid nearly $40 in tolls to drive home. The westerner in me HATES tolls.
Joe loves to document the trips home through pictures. But of course he has to take the pictures, because I don't do it right. Apparently, it is worth risking the life of your family for that perfect shot.
And here the boys are upon our arrival at 4 am.
It was a wonderful trip and we are so glad we got to go.

Note: I think that is important to mention that I also don't mind letting Joe drive all the time because he is a terrible back seat driver. I do love that man!

No comments: