Saturday, February 28, 2009

Nicholas's Baptism

Well, the big day finally came. Our little Nicholas got baptized on Saturday February 28th.

We are very proud of him.

I just love to plan things. I really do. I hope that Nicholas had a nice day. My mom and dad flew out for the baptism and they were such a big help. I couldn't have done it without them. We went Friday to set up the church while Joe was at work.


On Saturday, I asked Joe how it looked and he said, "Great except for those corny centerpieces." Can you believe what I have to put up with?

All of Joe's siblings came. It was so nice. Many of our friends were also there. It really meant a lot to us to have them all there.


Holden was very excited for his brother. He played prelude music and sang in the children's choir that we put together. They even sang one verse of Teach Me To Walk in Spanish.


Grandma and Grandpa bought Nicholas a suit to be confirmed in. The next day during sacrament meeting the bishop had Nicholas come to the front to introduce the newest member to the ward. He commented on the suit and then said "Doesn't he look handsome?" Of course Nicholas nodded his head, because he did look very handsome.
Here is the circle picture. Notice that Nicholas is not in the picture. However, Matthew is. He just wanted to be a part of the big day. He did follow Joe up to the circle to confirm Nicholas, but I didn't let him go. I'm such a mean mom.

Melisa made Nicholas a very cute cake for the luncheon. We served ham and cheese sandwiches, which Nicholas chose because he loves them.


Thanks again to everyone who came and supported us on Nicholas's big day. It was wonderful to share it with you.


5 comments:

Matt and Serenity Stewart said...

I can't believe he it that old!!! I am so happy for him!! Tell him congrats from Matt and I. Love you and Miss you!

Brandi said...

YAY for Nicholas! You guys all look so cute, wish we could have been there to celebrate with you!

mckellebmassmemo said...

I've been waiting for the pics. I SO WISH we could have been there with you. We really miss you guys and every sunday I miss the ward. It's hard to start over and to not see you guys each week. I'm sure it will get better. Congrats to Nicholas! It's such a big step. (it's also good to see the baby belly on melissa :)

Timothy & Kimberly Pettitt said...

It looks like it was a fabulous day, I'm sorry we missed it! The tables turned out super cute...good job! (And it totally didn't look like you over did it!)

Ackerman/Mejias Family said...

Could you let Nicholas know that I feel bad that we didn't get to write our testimonies for his book. I don't want him to think we don't have one. We are just lazy and forgetful... wait I don't know which sounds worse...