Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve is so full of magical moments. It's as if there are only endless possibilities and happy dreams in the world. Here are some of the Christmas Eve traditions of the Metzger family.
The kids writing their letters to Santa. They leave their letters next to Santa's cookies.

Mom reads the Night Before Christmas and Daddy reads Luke 2

The first present of Christmas is opened. It is always pajamas and the kids are always a little disappointed. (You'd think they'd catch on.)

And then it's off to Ronnie and Lisa's for a traditional seafood dinner. Joe waits all year for this meal. Some of the dishes are an anchovies with a white sauce and macaroni, squid with a red sauce and macaroni, and salmon. They also served prime rib.

Of course there were some amazing desserts. Nicholas was in heaven because Grandma made cream puffs.

And finally with full bellies and wide eyes it's off to bed.

1 comment:

Primus Six said...

Hi Noel. Thanks for your comments on our blog, and don't worry, I wouldn't have let us loose contact forever! It makes me sad and miss you guys when I look at your blog. Dan still misses Mass. alot. He would have loved to stay there forever I think. I miss it too, but I just really like being closer to family. I have such fond memories of our short time there, though. Dan loves his job. He is a deputy D.A. for Umatilla County and just started in November. Seeing how well he likes it and how well I like being this close to my sister and parents, I think we'll be here for a while. Our new address is 503 NW 4th St, Pendleton OR 97801, so you can update that in your address book. Anyway, it is so great to be able to keep in touch like this. I love it!! It is my only way of scrapbooking now, since I don't do that much at all anymore. I love the stocking tradition! That is really cool! Talk to you later. -Jodi