Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Facebook


Years ago when all his friends were getting Facebook accounts, Nicholas asked us when he could have one.  I told him that FB says you have to be 13, and since I wasn't going to lie, he had to wait until then.  Of course when I said that I had no idea how fast the years would fly by and he would be 13.  When he turned 13, I told him that he had to read a book about internet safety.  Then Joe and I had multiple conversations (aka lectures) with him about how damaging an online profile can be, what is OK and not OK online, blah, blah, blah.  Then set some more ground rules about knowing his password and having access to his account at all times.
Finally, I ran out of reasons and we succumbed.  Nicholas is now on Facebook.  Here is a picture of his first time logging on.  He was a little annoyed that I wanted to document even this.  Has he not met me?

No comments: