Sunday, August 12, 2012

Dear Holden,

Dear Holden,
You are nine now.  I feel as if every time I blink you grow.  In a few days you will be starting fourth grade.  I know you are nervous about having a new teacher and new faces in your class.  You have a hard time with change.  That's OK, but try not to let it get in the way of you experiencing all that life has to offer.  When you were little we moved you at of your crib into a toddler bed and you hated it.  You really didn't want to sleep in the bed and missed your crib so much.  But can you imagine if you had stayed in the crib?  Change can be hard, but many times it is needed.  My birthday wish for you is that you will be open to the changes your life will bring you.

You have the sweetest spirit.  You radiate a warmth that makes me want to always be near you.  Thanks for being my son.  I am so grateful to have you.

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holden is so #EXQUISITE. He is growing into an #EXQUISITE young man. Maybe this year for Halloween he can be a #mormon missionary