Monday, November 14, 2011

Dear Matthew,

FIVE! Today you are turning five. You are so big. And everyday you learn and grow a little more. It makes me feel old that my baby is so independent now. You can read. You can get yourself dressed. You can make your bed. You won't even let me walk you to primary now. I hope you know how important you are to our family. Your big brothers adore you and try so hard to watch out for you. Everyday you make your dad and me smile.
Often, I say to you, "Thanks for being my son."
To which you reply, "I didn't have a choice."
Choice or no choice, we are glad you're a Metzger. What would our lives be like without our Matthew Emerson Metzger?
You share a birthday with my Grandpa Woolstenhulme. He was a good man and I hope you will honor the heritage that he left you.
My wish for you this year is that you will grow big and strong not only physically but in a knowledge of God and His love for you.
Love,
Mom

No comments: